This step-by-step medical writing CV guide takes you through everything you need to know to create an effective an effective medical writing CV to help you become a medical writer. You will also get guidance on how to create an effective cover letter to go along with your medical writing CV too.
The How to create a medical writing CV course features:
- Lectures less than 3 minutes
- Lifetime access
- Easy to contact instructor
- Wonderful community
- CV template
- Cover letter template
- The difference between a medical writing CV and a medical writing resume
There are 7 sections to the How to create a medical writing CV course:
- Section 1 – Welcome
1. Welcome! Quick start guide
2. What you will learn in this course
3. Who is your instructor?
4. Awesome benefits of this course
5. Lecture pace, transcript, and captions
6. How to ask questions
7. How to message your instructor
- Section 2 – CV or resume?
1. The difference between a medical writing CV and a medical writing resume
2. Can you create a CV with no experience?
3. Do you need a cover letter?
4. How many pages should your CV be?
5. Do you need a medical writing portfolio?
6. What about social media?
7. Why your CV is important
- Section 3 – Start creating your CV
1. Do you need to include a photo on your CV?
2. Objective or introduction
3. Your name
4. Your email address
5. Your telephone number
6. Your address or location
7. Your website or medical writing portfolio
8. Your social media links
- Section 4 – Make your CV work for you
1. Your work experience
2. Career breaks
3. Your formal education
4. Skills and course certificates
5. Memberships, volunteering or charity work6. Hobbies or interests
8. What to avoid on your CV…
- Section 5 – The look and feel of your CV
1. Upload as a PDF, Word or Google Doc?
2. Why headings and dates are important
3. Font choice
5. Bold, italics, and capital letters
6. Underlining, and URL links
7. Proofread before you print or email
- Section 6 – Goody bag
1. CV template
2. Cover letter template
3. 3 places to showcase your CV
4. Good luck charm
- Section 7 – Well done
2. How to get your certificate
3. Remember you have lifetime access